- OUR STORY
St James II
- QUICK OCCUPANCY
- MODEL HOMES
To apply please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Home Inspector
Reports to: Service Manager
Location: 3187 Albion Road, Ottawa, Ontario
The Home Inspector has a role in the overall delivery of Tamarack’s customer service process. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality approach to all colleagues, customers, and trade partners. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Tamarack vision, mission, and must comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Works with the Service Manager, Customer Care Reps and Site Staff on all Tamarack Development sites
- Conducts a series of inspections on all homes before and after occupancy for the duration of the warranty period
- Provides education and guidance to customers on industry standards, warranty coverage, warranty repairs, system functions and home maintenance
- Ensure compliance with Industry standards, Tamarack’s standards and Tarion’s Construction Performance Guidelines
- Assesses all customer requests for warranty repairs
- Documents warranted deficiencies and creates work orders and schedules repair dates
- Provide detailed reports of identified problems, what repairs should be made.
- Create work orders that are well articulated and clear and accurate
- Perform other related duties as assigned which are in keeping with the terms of this position
Statement of Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of home building industry, and energy star building practices.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and the Tarion Construction Performance Guidelines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction.
- Strong customer service skills in dealing with homeowners.
- Good communications skills- especially verbal.
- Good knowledge of Windows, Adobe, Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to coordinate several simultaneous tasks while maintaining a positive attitude and flexible work style.
- Good organizational skills with ability to get things done according to timelines
- Self-motivated with ability to work well independently, and a willingness to learn
Physical/Sensory Effort/Work Environment
- Standing, walking, speaking for long periods of time
- Ability to climb ladder to access roof tops and attic spaces
- Ability to move around inside attic areas, with minimal space
- Ability to work efficiently with a variety of computer applications
- Unexpected overtime may be required on occasion.
- Exposure to extreme weather and the elements. Working outdoors to inspect the exterior of the house and property.
To see more Taggart Group Career options click here.